An investment in energy saving
The Renewable Heat Incentive scheme (RHI) is money from the Government for your investment in green technology to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases. By 2020, 12% of the UK’s heating will come from renewable sources and CHP is the single best option.
Biomass CHP - 3 revenue streams
In addition to reducing overheads, Biomass CHP attracts three revenue streams:
- Biogas Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) for the heat that you use and
- Renewable Obligation Certificates (ROC’s) for the power you generate
- Plus you’ll also get paid for exporting surplus electricity to the grid
As you will be using the heat and electricity generated by the CHP plant you will benefit from reduced energy bills and this saving can be factored into the overall returns you can expect to receive.
A combined heat and power system should ideally run for 8,000 hours a year to fully maximise the potential. Aside from scheduled maintenance your CHP plant can run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Each CHP plant creates 100kW of heat, generating 656,000 kWh per annum which is eligible for the Renewable Heat Incentive subsidy (RHI)
• Receive the Renewable Heat Incentive subsidy for the heat that you use
• Reduce your heating bill. This example is based on you using oil and saving 6p per litre
Each CHP plant features a 45kw generator, which produces 320,000kWh of useable electricity per annum
• Receive 1.8 ROC’s per kWh generated
• Reduce your electricity bill by using the power*
• Export surplus electricity to the grid
Generate all the heat and electricity you need by transforming woody biomass into a gas. Combined heat and power offers better returns than heat-only biomass technologies.
Our professional, fully trained and reliable servicing engineers will help you keep your boiler in the best condition possible.
We are the South West’s sole distributor for the ArborElectroGen® 45, the first professionally-packaged small-scale biomass CHP unit in the UK.
Let us answer your questions and help you discover more about the benefits of CHP.